Latvijas Republika Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movement for Latvia (Indonesian Takeover)

+4
Eetion
JMatH
Gofarman
Uncle Sam
8 posters

Go down

Movement for Latvia (Indonesian Takeover) Empty Movement for Latvia (Indonesian Takeover)

Post  Uncle Sam Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:18 pm

As many of us know, the Movement for Latvia party is the Indonesian takeover group. We need to start organizing against this group so that we can fight their voting power.

here is what they will have on their agenda. They will only want to take over the congressional seats for the Gold in the treasury, and so after the congressional elections they will leave us alone if we fend them off.

This is our issue, I believe that we honestly won't be able to beat them alone, even if the two real parties unite (which we will). I have great connections with America and they have a large voting core. I can get them to assist them us in our efforts against Indonesia. This however is a risky move for me as it will make it look like I am trying to get myself into office through a Takeover.

Here is what I propose, I can get American voting groups in to vote for eLatvians into congressional office on the 25th. They will not vote for me, and so I will most likely not be a part of congress unless people actually vote for me from Latvia. Indonesia will be incredibly organized, so we cannot waste votes on smaller candidates. We need to organize a list of congressmen to vote for in these elections so that no votes are wasted. I will begin the process of finding trustworthy candidates for the congressional elections, which will include as many RL Latvians as possible. Should anyone want to be a part of this they should contact me through a PM in game and I will start making a list of people who we can field as candidates. Once we have the right candidates chosen, we will have USA support to vote them in.

As far as the presidential elections no, we will most likely not have to worry about takeover, however we will keep our eyes on the situation. If need be we can call in USA backup for voting if Indonesia tries to take things further.

I want to know how everyone feels about this course of action, as I too am a bit warry of it as it does not look good for myself politically and could possible give off the wrong image of my intentions here. Regardless, it is a plan that can help secure Latvian decmcracy and freedom, so let me know what you think.
Uncle Sam
Uncle Sam

Back to top Go down

Movement for Latvia (Indonesian Takeover) Empty Re: Movement for Latvia (Indonesian Takeover)

Post  Gofarman Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:21 pm

I would reccomend you keep the development of this Congress list open and visible to all forum users, I would like to see how you expect to do this.

Do you know how many voters indo is expecting to send? Any idea on how many we can muster for the election?

Gofarman

Back to top Go down

Movement for Latvia (Indonesian Takeover) Empty Re: Movement for Latvia (Indonesian Takeover)

Post  Uncle Sam Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:26 pm

of course I will keep the list public, and just look at the size of Movement for Latvia, they got 25 members this fast it means that they're going to continue to grow. believe me, they're going to have a lot of people moving here to vote, probably around 100.
Uncle Sam
Uncle Sam

Back to top Go down

Post  JMatH Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:32 pm

I could probably get some people from Israel in also if needed.
JMatH
JMatH

Back to top Go down

Post  Eetion Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:38 pm

Its a shame we have to resort to these measures...
but yes we do need to unite here and i commend your honest and the measures you are prepared to take in order to defeat a TO.
has anyone mentioned to admins about the schemes of TOs intending to rape the newly made e latvia, lithuania and estonia of their funds to get started? do you think they would do anything?

Of course im willing to help the new government however i can, but im still quite inexperienced to the way of things, but the offers there if anyone wants to take me up or no other suitable individuals volunteer.
Eetion
Eetion

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Sam Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:49 pm

admins will do nothing to help us, believe me. I've dealt with them and they just let politics play out. They don't care that new countries get raped, they just see it as part of the politics in this game.

I've constantly hassled them for a citizenship system in erep however I have seen nothing from them yet.
Uncle Sam
Uncle Sam

Back to top Go down

Post  Manuel Majurec Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 pm

I have just find this..

http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/balticke-zemlje-774081/1/20

this is translation :

We are witnesses to yesterday received a new three Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) in eRepublik.
Currently in these countries very few inhabitants, mostly immigrants from other regions.
My suggestion is to come together, about twenty players, along unlink means for forming a party for example in Latvia, which is seems to me the weakest try and take power in elections, at least one part.
Perhaps the idea, and it is not good:) so I would like to hear your comments, sounds interesting.

If a small Bosnia has such ideas which are impracticable for them, what s the plan of other strongest country's...you can only imagine...
Manuel Majurec
Manuel Majurec

Back to top Go down

Post  Eetion Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:36 am

As i understand it presidential elections are before congress. Now again im new but im still eager to avoid latvias funds getting pinched.
If we got a president in could we in theory shift all the cash into an organisation as they have a vote in congress. Could we shift all latvias funds into an organisation or (and this one is risky) donate it to another country to safeguard until were secure, with a modest fee of course. If we can find one we can trust that is.
Cos im becoming to be of the opinion that id sooner give all our money away rather than let the Indonesians get it. But if we can ge it secure then even better.
Eetion
Eetion

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyMunson Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:29 am

The congress election is on the 25th, the presidential one is the 5th.
RoyMunson
RoyMunson

Back to top Go down

Post  Eetion Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:32 am

My mistake...
Eetion
Eetion

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalle Holm Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:49 am

Eetion wrote:If we got a president in could we in theory shift all the cash into an organisation as they have a vote in congress. Could we shift all latvias funds into an organisation or (and this one is risky) donate it to another country to safeguard until were secure, with a modest fee of course. If we can find one we can trust that is.
Cos im becoming to be of the opinion that id sooner give all our money away rather than let the Indonesians get it. But if we can ge it secure then even better.
The president doesn't have such power, I'm afraid. The only ones who controll the government assets in the real treasury is the congress, which means that we must win more than 50% (minimum 21 congressmen) to secure the gold and currency. If we win 21 congress seats we're safe, then the Indo's will give up and leave pretty quick, perhaps after a few messed up votations that we need to vote down.
When it comes to takingour assets out of the treasury we'll do best by dividing it into 2, perhaps 3 organisations controlled by 2(3) diffirent, trusted members of congress. This will spread the risk of losing it all a little, even though the risk of losing a great part of it still remains. But it's still better than putting everything on one card and risk to lose it all. By taking the goldkeepers into good consideration we can even reduce the risk into nothing. When that is done we can start building up our glorious nation.
Kalle Holm
Kalle Holm

Back to top Go down

Post  Secram Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:57 pm

As an RL Latvian I'd be happy to get into congress and fend those indos off, the only reason I started to play erep again is because Latvia was announced.

Secram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down