Latvijas Republika Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parties in eLatvia

+9
Manuel Majurec
Namejs
Maaris
visvaldis
Uncle Sam
Joey Phillips
Flyby
RoyMunson
JMatH
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Parties in eLatvia - Page 2 Empty Re: Parties in eLatvia

Post  Meissner Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Well either way, we have two parties right now, so if the one party system for the initial setup is going to work either one needs to dissapear; or when elections come around, we need to vote on a singular individual.

Meissner

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyMunson Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:42 pm

We will be benefiting from 2 parties during the congressional elections... That way we can field more candidates for the 40 seats.

However, for the Presidential elections on the 5th should only have ONE domestic candidate.
RoyMunson
RoyMunson

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Sam Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Manuel Majurec wrote: becouse only UncleSam can protect Latvia from take over..

false, I can't be the only one to help protect Latvia from foreign TO groups. If we're going to protect Latvia from those threats, it will be a joint effort, with all domestic eLatvians working as a group. I only provide the leadership and experience.

also, we currently have three political parties out there right now. Another was just created. I'm not exactly sure what their situation, but it seems to be someone from ATLANTIS, more specificly Romania from background research I did no him. I personally don't trust him intil he talks, which he hasn't done yet.

and I also agree with there being one Demoestic Presidential candidate, however Roy, you know as well as I do that there will be some struggle for that position between Joey and I.
Uncle Sam
Uncle Sam

Back to top Go down

Post  JMatH Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:57 am

Which is why it's such an important issue to bring up every now and then. Sooner or later it's going to come up and we're going to have to decide. We have to choose a leader that the majority of citizens can agree on, can get the job done, and keep complete governmental transparency.

Last edited by JMatH on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
JMatH
JMatH

Back to top Go down

Post  Meissner Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:49 am

Well that's impossible, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time, as the old maxim goes. However, the important part is supporting the two main parties that we have, and not support the other party, from which we have heard nothing. I do agree, for the first election at least that we not split the vote to aid those who would attempt a TO.

Meissner

Back to top Go down

Post  Vitols Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:00 pm

Varbūt labāk apvienība?
Komanda ir mazu puiku līmenī!

Vitols

Back to top Go down

Post  Manuel Majurec Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:50 pm

@UncleSam

This I thought .. I'm sure that one mani can't protect eLatvia from TO but one man experience can lead a group of people to it ..sure , with the help of a common...
Manuel Majurec
Manuel Majurec

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Sam Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Manuel Majurec wrote:@UncleSam

This I thought .. I'm sure that one mani can't protect eLatvia from TO but one man experience can lead a group of people to it ..sure , with the help of a common...

exactly, and I'd like the chance to do just that if the people of Latvia will allow me to do so. I believe there are groups already planning TO's at tyhis very moment, so we should be doing all we can to prevent their plans from working. I will start to work with the people today on organizing leadership as well as building a united coalition to protect Latvian interests in elections.

^^That last step may seem TOish, but just bare with me as I have an article to release today about it^^
Uncle Sam
Uncle Sam

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin Tea Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:43 pm

The most important part in my opinion is to elect a president that have a lot of contacts and is well-known in the eWorld so that eLatvia can benefit from this to the fullest. What eLatvia needs the most right now is someone that can promote the country and ask for aid from citizens all around the world, so we won't be having too much trouble with political takeovers.

Alvin Tea

Back to top Go down

Post  Eetion Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:18 pm

This may be a daft question, but iv been thinking, and forgive me if im wrong being but a humble noob.
We have essentially 2 big parties led by what seem to be genuinely honest individuals.... but we can never tell with certainty.
In a TO does a group require both president and congress domination in order to steal money, to ratify the bill so to speak.
Is it feasable we vote one party in as president while voting the other party as congress. In the event that one party is intending a TO then the other group could veto the bill.

Im not intending to make allegations, but precautions are needed till we can secure latvias finances from take over.
Would this suggestion be feasable?
Eetion
Eetion

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Sam Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:25 pm

well a TO group only needs control over congress to take the money, the President is just an extra vote on that issue. Right now the invaders would have no reason to take the presidential seat because the president only does military proposals and alliances.
Uncle Sam
Uncle Sam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2