Latvijas Republika Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critique on United Latvia's platform

3 posters

Go down

Critique on United Latvia's platform Empty Critique on United Latvia's platform

Post  tas_pats Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 am

red-fox
Publicēt tēmu: Critique on United Latvia's platform.
AtbildētAtbilde saņemta: 12 Aprīlis 2009 11:19

1. Hospital is unnecessary, if there is no alliances.
No MPP means - there is no war to join and increase wellness. Therefore, hospital will not do any damn thing unless we will be attacked which means automatic defeat (see #2).
Therefore : either build a Hospital AND actively join alliances, or do NOT build.

2. Defenses are unnecessary, if there is not enough people and weapons.
We don't have enough people and weapons to defend against ANY serious country whatsoever. Superior defenses will not help us.
We must avoid being target for conquest, not to prepare for an already lost battle.

3. Lack of National Bank gives a chance for a conqueror to rob eLatvia and profit.
Not a great one, since money will be transferred each month, but United Latvia assumes we can find each month some "trustworthy person" to save money from TO. And we cannot find one to keep money permanently.

4. Lack of National Bank makes extremely cumbersome any effective money managment.

5. Lack of alliances makes eLatvia more enviable target for conquest.
Inability to defend itself does not help avoiding fights. If an alliance is bad - it's the problem to be solved. Not ignored. There are enough movement to make a third alliance. Why UL does not try to work in that direction? No country ever survived a war by being completely neutral. Does anyone rememeber WW2?

6. United Latvia completely ignores building government-sponsored companies to improve economy of eLatvia and compensate unavoidable import with export.

7. I do not see a single countermeasure against inflation. Money do not grow on trees. Having 1000 citizen's fee does not mean "good start". Everything is relative. Focusing on simply "having tons of money" does not make anyone rich. Japaneese or Italian can be a millionaire and poor. The Q1 food might cost 1.000.

And this is not a worst-case scenario. During 90's RL Latvia suffered 20.000% inflation in a few months time, other countries suffered worse. Virtual economy of eLatvia makes it much more fluid and prone to collapse than any RL country.

As long as eLatvia cannot support a suffieciently large economy, it cannot have too much money in free market. Otherwise it's money will simply lose value.

I stay with my opinion :
- lower citizen's fee to a minimum 5 LVL
- move all national currency to a separate organization and forbid to spend at least 90% of it. Basically selling 1.000 LVL/month should be more than sufficient.

tas_pats

Back to top Go down

Critique on United Latvia's platform Empty Re: Critique on United Latvia's platform

Post  RoyMunson Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:03 am

You really don't need to "critique" anything. Our platform is what we believe and that won't change.
RoyMunson
RoyMunson

Back to top Go down

Critique on United Latvia's platform Empty Re: Critique on United Latvia's platform

Post  Joey Phillips Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am

I can reply to this

1. 2. Don’t assume if we’re attacked that it means an automatic defeat. In erepublik this region of the new world is very unstable and staying neutral or at the very least a regional alliance will help keep our regions from becoming battlefields. But a regional alliance requires regional members, eLithuania may become part of Poland, and the efinns want eEstonia. You probably will notice that half of eLatvians come from PEACE nations and the other half come from ATLANTIS nations. So joining one alliance over the other would make us lose a lot of private investment.

3. 4. National bank is giving the nations funds to one citizen and asking him or her nicely not to take any for themselves. Money would be transferred in rare cases of potential T.O.

5. Alliances again, okay, well I can think of plenty of nations that were completely neutral and survived wars. I recall studying WWII, as I’m only 21 haven’t lived through that period, in this life at least if you believe in that stuff. But if I recall Ireland, Portugal, Afghanistan, and Tibet were neutral and the last two complete shut their borders.

6. I don’t understand why this is a problem; all eLatvians either own or work for a private company. Government-sponsored companies would go completely against this model. You say government-sponsored, what you really mean is state owned companies. (You’re not wishing to give handouts to business owners like me are you which is the definition of sponsored). Yes we wish to create a community and the perfect community would pool it’s resources, but Erepublik doesn’t have any form of administration for that and “Government Companies” are really one citizens organization getting government funding.

7. As for a countermeasure against inflation, well you could one burn the nation’s gold while other citizens mess with the value of the LVL to make a profit from government ignorance or keep the level of circulating LVL at a stable level and not dump money into the market. Latvia will experience inflation of -500% to 500%, but that’s eRepublik and Latvia is still small there is little any government could do. It’s not like eRepublik gives you the option to raise interest rates and even if it did, that would be pointless because eRepublik’s monetary system isn’t based on debt like the real one. Also why should you sell any LVL at all? If eLatvia doesn’t purchase a hospital or anything else for that matter it’ll still have its 1000 gold. And the citizen fee is circumstantial your basing that off the price of Q1 food if I’m not mistaken. 5 days of food for a new citizen? Well when I published that platform the price of Q1 food of 3LVL and it’ll continue to change. It’s possible that the price of food could be 0.2 LVL by the 26.

red-fox you may have a lot of experience and knowledge about economics, politics, a military, and international affairs outside of this game or not, but even so that doesn't mean any of that will apply in eRepublik. You have to completely throw out your ideologies and look at this like it's something totally different. Outside of this game, I would agree with most of what your saying. I'd say spend it on getting new citizens, hospitals, join the biggest alliance out there, build a large military, socialize medical care, have free food and shelter for the poor, make a government company for any industry that can't support itself privately yet, and lastly keep our gold away from the enemy preferably in a bunker on our most remote and largest military base, I'd also say we should try and get nuclear arms. But that's not erepublik. You'll begin to understand what I mean the more and more you play.

I want you to know, if eLatvia is robbed it'll because United Latvia failed to prevent it and we'll do what we can to get eLatvia on it's feet either way.

Thanks for your opinion
Joey Phillips
Party President of United Latvia
Joey Phillips
Joey Phillips

Back to top Go down

Post  tas_pats Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 am

RoyMunson wrote:You really don't need to "critique" anything. Our platform is what we believe and that won't change.
This is not my opinion Smile But just a opinion. Wink
http://lv.erepublik.lt/viewtopic.php?p=246

tas_pats

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyMunson Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:56 am

Why are you posting some anonymous person's opinion then? What do you stand for?
RoyMunson
RoyMunson

Back to top Go down

Post  tas_pats Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 pm

This is option in public. Once again teel about our idea is a good.

Autor is a red-fox http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1397708
I see as you speek with him Smile

tas_pats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down